March 27, 2010

A weekend in Gopeng.





Well, incredibly true, it took me a month to update my blog. A lot of things happened - my life seemed stuck in limbo. But anyhow, I choose not to reveal too much here, some things are better left unsaid, especially personal stuffs.

Let me share with you my Leadership Camp in Gopeng, a town seemingly remote to a city girl.
Tired...yes but sad...no, I'd fun. It was an awesome weekend, a long tiring one. Clearly exhausted after the two-nights stay.

We were all transported to the camp in a lorry, all crammed into it, looking like refugees. So pathetic... Somehow expected some kind of nomadic life here, after all this place is no Heaven, the name itself Nomad Adventure Earth Camp justified. Came here without expecting a 2-star hotel or back-packer hostel standard but not to this extreme- NO bunk beds, NO double-decker bed.NO mattress,even. What kind of dorm is it? Instead, we spent the nite sleeping on canvas beds, with little space for me to toss and turn.

Look at the pics. Here's how I spent my weekend with my HELP friends, memorably.





My awesome canvas beds' mates.




No complaints about the food.



These mobile loos in the open may look freaking but they're terribly useful. Zoom closer to look at the words - Welcome to the ship shape shacks for showering, shaving and shitting.


Mr Sun

Participated in many outdoor activities . Proved that I was 100% physically fit except for a few bruises and scratches here and there. No fear of height, no fear of water or whatsoever phobia. To explore the dark caves after a shitty night was tiring, agree?




No pic of me swinging like a Tarzan



Like I said earlier I'd fun and I kind of fell in love with outdoor adventure. I would love to go for another one soon. Till then, bye loves!

No comments: